In today’s competitive scenario, every big enterprise wants to prove themselves as a thought leader in their respective segment. Newsletters play an important role in brand-building strategy to target a specific audience which might convert into your potential customer. It is an effective way to build a relationship with a prospect, nurturing them along until they become a customer. Great content can always be helpful in getting their attention and keeping their attention. Newsletters often play the role of a strong medium for external and internal communication. Making of a newsletter involves specific skill sets and goes through the following process:
- Decide on the theme and periodicity of the newsletter.
- Based on the theme, co-ordinate with the writer, copy-editor and the designer to decide on the requirements to accomplish the assignment.
- Come up with a project schedule and scope of the work document.
- Based on the theme, the writer will come-up with a table of content (TOC) and will take approval from the competent authority.
- The writer starts working on creating the content.
- The content is sent to the copy-editor for proof-reading, grammatical and linguistic changes.
- The copy-editor sends back the copy-edited versions to the writer for final approval.
- The second copy-edited version is sent for final approval. This step may repeat multiple times based on the complexity of the project.
- During the quality check process for the content, the design team comes up with a design template for the newsletter.
- The design template gets approved and the final content is sent to the designer for creation of the final print-ready pdf version.
- The print ready pdf version is again checked by the copy-editor to ensure the quality of the content.
- Create the final draft of the print-ready pdf.
- The pdf version is made available online and downloadable from the required website and html pages are made online for the website visitors.
- Send an E-mailer to the client database to inform the subscribers about publishing the newsletter.
- Share it through your social media portals. Your readers will love to re-share it as long as it carries great and knowledgeable content.
- Request for email responses to the newsletter content.
- Think about using a moderated blog with audience posting as a source of newsletter content as it might be useful not only to get directly involved with your target audience but also to generate curiosity and interest about the content.
By following these simple steps, you can easily design your newsletter. But, involvement of quality contributors in every step to accomplish the task is more important and crucial. At any cost, you have to provide quality content maintaining the periodicity of the newsletter.